myRampurCity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something interesting to read

Go down

Something interesting to read Empty Something interesting to read

Post by Amrit Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Akhil-babu's letter to the Railway Department

Akhil Chandra Sen wrote this letter to the Sahibganj divisional railway office in 1909. It is on display at the Railway Museum in New Delhi. It was also reproduced under the caption Travelers' Tales" in the Far Eastern Economic Review.

"I am arrive by passenger train Ahmedpur station and my belly is too much swelling with jackfruit. I am therefore went to privy. Just I doing the nuisance that guard making whistle blow for train to go off and I am running with lotah in one hand and dhoti in the next when I am fall over and expose all my shocking to man and female women on platform. I am got leaved at Ahmedpur station.

This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung that dam guard not wait train five minutes for him. I am therefore pray your honor to make big fine on that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report to papers."

Any guesses why this letter was of historic value?...............................It apparently led to introduction of toilets in trains.
Amrit
Amrit
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Business
Registration date : 2008-07-24

http://myrampurcity.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum